Downtown Chinatown
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Homeless
I am officially homeless. It's a good and bad thing. As relieved as I am to be able to finally move and get this party started, I can now understand why some people never move. On a scale of one to ten, it's not very fun.

We got a 14-foot moving truck. When I saw it in the Budget parking lot, my first thought was, "Oh, man. This is gonna be way too big." But, of course, by the time we got everything put inside it was mostly full. Who knew that a one bedroom apartment could fit so much?

We are forever in debt to the friends and family who helped us in the packing process. I'm certain that if we were left to fend for oursleves, we'd be about halfway done by now. There's this strange feeling that I reached as we were in our third straight day of packing, when I suddenly didn't care anymore about what we owned or what we needed. I just wanted to be done. I didn't care if we took all our stuff and tossed in the dumpster if that meant being finished. I actually took that method for about ten minutes before Danielle stopped me. I'm not sure what was lost. Hopefully nothing important.

Thankfully, the Danielle's parents had an extra 14-foot space in their house for everything. We're very grateful for them. I'm so glad that we were able to put it somewhere nice and safe like that, and not have to store it in some shady garage like some our friends have had to do. Now if we can only make sure that Tootsie doesn't relieve herself in the attic space, I'll be content.

We arrived in Colorado this afternoon for training. I'd sorta forgotten how beautiful this place is. It just kind of hits you, after six mind-numbing hours across Kansas, as this majestic landscape begins to rise out of the horizon. I'm surprised at how much I have missed it. It's like a piece of my soul was left here.

(I would have put a nice scenic picture at this point to round out the verbal portrait I've attempted to paint, but unfortunately I'm a male and forgot my camera. Yes, I've got the adapters, the extra batteries, and no camera.)

--Aaron
posted by Aaron @ 10:38 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aaron
See my complete profile
Name: Danielle
See my complete profile
Home: Chinatown, China
Recent Pictures
www.flickr.com
Aaron & Danielle's photos More of Aaron & Danielle's photos
Archives
Where Are You From?

Previous Posts
Powered by



BLOGGER