| Friday, June 02, 2006 |
| I Climbed A Mountain! |
Yesterday I climbed a mountian, not a large mountain by Colorado standards, but a mountain nevertheless. Any flatlander would probably consider this an accomplishment, and although I hate to admit that this Colorado born and raised girl is now officially a flatlander (the altitude adjustment has taught me that this week), I considered my mountian climbing venture to be more than an accomplishment, it was, in fact, a victory. For just a matter of weeks ago, I could not stand for more than 5 minutes without pain coursing through my lower back down my leg to my foot.
I have to admit that I had mixed emotions when Aaron and I received the invitation to join our fellow trainees on a hike. The Colorado girl inside my was dying to get up in these gorgeous mountians. It had been too long. But, I was quite hesitant to attempt a hike since my physical activity has been limited to mild physical theraphy since my disc herniated. But I couldn't resist the mountains, so I reassured myself and my worried husband that I would turn around and come back as soon as I felt like I was pushing it (which I am very prone to do. That's probably how I ended up with a herniated disc in the first place). So we began the hike, and while enjoying the breathtaking scenery, I constantly made myself aware of any signs of pain. I was thrilled to make it to the top with virtually no pain. The view was amazing. During the desent, and I had a little discomfort. I thought I may wake up this morning paying for my gamble, but after a little ice last night, I woke up this morning feeling great. I was so thrilled. I am so thankful for the healing that is taking place, and how quickly this whole ordeal is being resolved.
Thanks for sharing in my mountain climbing victory.
~Danielle |
posted by Danielle @ 11:45 PM  |
|
| 7 Comments: |
-
Yay!! I'm soo glad to see you made it up the mountain...and I'm also glad to see you have a blog! :) I love it!
-
Yay! I'm sooo glad to see you made it up the mountain...and I'm also glad to see you have a blog!! Now if everyone from our group would get on this! ;)
Love you and thinking of you all as you prepare and transition!
-
Great job on the climb! I'm glad to hear your back is sooo much better. We missed you at the year-end picnic. Just in case you miss the place, I have to go so I can work on the CHECKLIST!!!! Take care of each other.
-
So i am glad my sister is alive, but you spoke a little soon, i hope the back feels better and the physco spasms stop so you can get some sleep. The blog looks much better, although i noticed under aaron's profile that he didn't have U2 under his favorite music, i thought that was funny, although i suppose it is so obvious that it doesn't need to be said. I hope you find out soon where you will be living for three years! I love you guys!
-
"although i noticed under aaron's profile that he didn't have U2 under his favorite music."
Tis nothing more than a formatting error with Blogger's profile, and it has been fixed. But a good eye nonetheless. I should hate to give people the wrong impression about such a worthy band that all the world should know and love.
-
Sindi, I'm sad that I missed the year end picnic, but I am NOT sad that I missed out on the checklists! :) Hope all went well and that you're now ready to enjoy summer.
-
HI Danielle, Good job on the climb. It has been years since my husbnd and I climb some mountains in Colorado. (not a very big mountain). I just checked out today and I am looking forward to the summer. I can emphasize with your parents as I think about Andrea being gone for 9 months next year and you are going for 3 years! I am sorry but I have misplaced your e-mail address. Enjoy your time in Colorado. Diane
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Yay!! I'm soo glad to see you made it up the mountain...and I'm also glad to see you have a blog! :) I love it!