| Tuesday, December 18, 2007 |
| Baby "Shower" |
 On Saturday, my wonderful teammates threw a surprise baby shower for me and Ellie. I went down to a teammate's apartment with cookie cutters in hand, thinking that I would be baking Christmas cookies. When I opened the door, a room full of people near and dear to my heart shouted "Surprise!" The confusion on my face showed that I was indeed surprised. I think my response was "I thought I was making cookies!"
We had a great time together playing games, eating great food, and opening gifts. The picture below shows the classic "Guess the belly size" game.  It was really special to have both my American and Chinese friends there. My favorite part of the shower was when the Chinese girls began discussing their impressions of what a baby shower was. Most of them had never heard of a baby shower, and you can understand their confusion surrounding the word "shower." One of the girls, known for her spunky bubbly personality, said, "I heard it was a kind of party. That's all that I needed to know!" Another girl said she thought we were going to learn how to bathe a baby. The Americans all got a kick out of this. Then we realized that this idea was enforced because the Americans had suggested to the Chinese girls that they bring baby soaps and lotions as gifts (they hoped that this would keep the cost down for them). What else would you think if you were invited to a baby "shower" and told to bring baby soap?!  |
posted by Danielle @ 7:22 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Merry Christmas...we love all three of you.
Fivecoat
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Merry Christmas...we love all three of you.
Fivecoat