Downtown Chinatown
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Chinese Delicacy
Yes, yes I am eating scorpion.


There is a small marketplace near the Forbidden City that features an eclectic mix of Chinese souvenirs, silk goods, and exotic foods. Not being particularly interested in the first two options, we went here purely for bragging rights. It’s always fun to say you’ve done something that will win the respect of junior high boys all across the world and freak out your mother all at the same time. As you can tell from the picture below, the cuisine-on-a-stick wasn’t limited to scorpions, but also included seahorse, silk worms, and starfish, most of which are still squirming before they are put on the skillet.

Honestly, there wasn’t much taste to the scorpions other than the oils and spices in which they were cooked. But we had a good time.

posted by Aaron @ 10:46 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Omigosh! What are you doing?!!!!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I guess you have to show you are one of the gang!!!!!!!!! I probably (probably nothing) would have to say "no thanks" but I have a spot of buffalo meat if you would like to join me. Geeeeeros!!!!!!!!!!
    Drink lots of local water and get it out of your system.

    I'll still love you even tho you are part scorpion.

    Love Grandma

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaron,
    All I can say is you deserve to be in China!
    Shiver me timbers!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That. Is. So. Gross.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    in case you were curious, jay cutler looks pretty good. but can't put too much stock in the broncos when they lose to the lions...even in preseason.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH yeah...Paul preached at Cornerstone in Adrian yesterday and all the people wanted to know how you were doing and said to tell you HI! They miss you a lot!!!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOOKS GOOD!!
    I WOULD HAVE CHOOSEN THE SEAHORSE!! :)

    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
    LOVE/CHARLIE~CHUCK

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for giving me a new idea for a Jr. High game!

    The youth minister's group misses you!

    PS. So Buffalo Wild Wings at noon today isn't going to work...?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aaron
See my complete profile
Name: Danielle
See my complete profile
Home: Chinatown, China
Recent Pictures
www.flickr.com
Aaron & Danielle's photos More of Aaron & Danielle's photos
Archives
Where Are You From?

Previous Posts
Powered by



BLOGGER