Downtown Chinatown
Monday, October 23, 2006
Meet the Team
After more work than it ever should have been, we are proud to present to you our wonderful team. These lovely men and women are our small community of people who provide us with endless amount of laughs, support, and encouragement. In short, they're just great people.

And you get to see them on our first video! (FINALLY!)



Now that I've managed to figure out how to get the videos working, I have an assignment for all you people. If there's anything you've been wanting or wishing you could see a video of our life in China, leave a request in the comment section. We'll do our best to fulfill your wishes.
________________________________________

So while I've known it for years, we have recently become aware of the fact that Danielle is, in fact, the bomb. Confused? The "L" sound at the the end of her name (as in "well," "tell," and "sell") is difficult for most Chinese people to produce. What ends up coming out is more like an "ow," as in "cow." This means that most Chinese people end up pronouncing her name, phonetically, as "Dan-yow." We've noticed that when she tells her name to people, they usually give her a strange look, and we've recently discovered that is because the word "dan-yow" in Chinese means "bomb." In fact, some of our Chinese friends here simply refer to her as "Bomb" to one another. So it's official, she's the bomb!
posted by Aaron @ 5:14 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool! Love meeting your team. Send more videos!!!
    Mom

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Cool! Love meeting your team. Send more videos!!!"

    But what videos do you want us to send? We need ideas!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaron,
    Would love videos of your class(es), school campus, apt., just the street scenes. We want to see where you live and function.
    Mom

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with your Mom. I want to see videos of your classes/students. Your apartment. Your trip to work. The mundane, everyday things are usually the most fun.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you need to interview some of your students...they will have fun with it, and we can see what their real oppinions of you are :)
    Love ya guys!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Guys!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you're doing on this site! I need to step it up a bit! My blog is soo "last year."

    It's great to see your team. Tell Jenny from Chi-town that it's cold and rainy. :)

    And Aaron...I'm sorry to tell you, but I went to the World Series last night and watched your team LOSE to my team. I can't really say that I feel bad about that!

    OK, I love you guys and am doing some knee-work on your behalf.

    Much Love,
    L

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Danielle's smile, your students, the city.... (I will share the 'The Bomb' story at RESA.)

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! I can't believe you didn't already know that Danielle was the Bomb! All of us from D2 knew it! Haha! Good to hear from you all!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaron & THE BOMB,

    Your video was so cool --- it made me feel like I was right there in the room with you and your friends. I'm so glad you have a support network there. You're missing a chilly fall in Kentucky. We have had tons of rain, chilly winds and cool temps. I can't believe it's already the end of October -- where does the time go? Soon we will all be gathered around a table eating turkey and thanking God for all the many blessings he's provided us, especially friends and family like you who make loving others their first priority. Take care, and keep posting! I am really enjoying being part of your adventure!

    Amy

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being the wizzard of the computer that I am, I have to admit I haven't tuned in in quite awhile. It's so good to hear of the wonderful experiences you are having.
    I'm glad you had a good time Thanksgiving. Being away from home on the holidays is always hard. Chris and Randy and all the others will be there for Christmas so that will be a great time. You must be very greatful for their visit. I'm going to cry "poor me" tho. They haven't been in Amarillo for Christmas for years.
    Yes, I realize China is somewhat different than coming to Amarillo. I really do underatand. We did the same thing when the kids got old enough to want to have Christmas at home. You sound like you are having a great time, even tho it is hard work and quite an adjustment.
    I love you both.....hang in there Bomb

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aaron
See my complete profile
Name: Danielle
See my complete profile
Home: Chinatown, China
Recent Pictures
www.flickr.com
Aaron & Danielle's photos More of Aaron & Danielle's photos
Archives
Where Are You From?

Previous Posts
Powered by



BLOGGER