| Friday, March 30, 2007 |
| Adventures with Students |
So trying to be a super cool teacher, I decided that this semester I wouldn't give my English major students an oral mid-term exam. Instead, their assignment is that every student (in groups of 3-4) will spend an afternoon with me. Now I have 52 English major students (I couldn't possibly manage to do this with my other 240 students) so my Friday afternoons are full for the rest of the semester. But I'm excited about it. They have to plan our time together, but I gave them these ideas: 1. Come to my apartment and teach me how to cook Chinese food or how to play some Chinese games. 2. Go to a restaraunt together. 3. Go to a place of interest together.
Students were very excited about the assignment. But no one was brave enough to sign up for the first week. The bravest students signed up for the second week. (I'm sure they went back and reported to all the other students how it went). So I had my first Friday afternoon adventure with students yesterday. They took me to the zoo! We had a great time together. The weather was yucky, but that meant we got to watch the pandas all by ourselves! (In China, a country of 1.3 billion people, to do anything with no people around is very rare. The girls said they felt like VIPs : ) Here's some pics from our time together. Sorry they're a little blurry. It was raining. Oh, and you may be seeing a lot more of this panda. The girls said that I probably will be coming to the zoo quite often as it seems to be students top choice for "what to do with the teacher." I like the zoo and all....but I don't know about every Friday!   |
posted by Danielle @ 8:56 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Hey you two!
Sorry we've been out of touch - takes way too long to get hooked up to the internet in a 3rd world country.
Man, we miss you guys. Really bad. I think we would pay a whole lot of money to spend just a few hours with you two. We just miss our friends - and you should see Deacon.
Anyway, maybe we can get in touch someday. We do miss you so very much and love you with our whole hearts. Keep loving each other.
-
This is Jenny-how was the zoo compared to zoo in Colorado? When can we get you on Skype????? Talk to you soon! We love you so much.
-
We're missing you during this testing season! Emmanuella has a baby girl due in May. Your Yake kids miss you, too.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Hey you two!
Sorry we've been out of touch - takes way too long to get hooked up to the internet in a 3rd world country.
Man, we miss you guys. Really bad. I think we would pay a whole lot of money to spend just a few hours with you two. We just miss our friends - and you should see Deacon.
Anyway, maybe we can get in touch someday. We do miss you so very much and love you with our whole hearts. Keep loving each other.