| Tuesday, August 07, 2007 |
| Baby! |
Here's our baby at nearly 13 weeks old! We had an ultrasound done last week and it was amazing. Unlike the first ultrasound, where all we could see was a rapidly beating heart, this time we could make out all the body parts. Now, to tell you about the experience, I'm going to use masculine pronouns, not because we think that the baby is a boy or that we are hoping for a boy, but just to avoid the awkwardness of saying he/she and his/her. If I had been in charge of creating the English language, I definitely would have made a gender neutral pronoun! It would have helped our Chinese students out a lot, too.
Anyway, back to the ultrasound. At first when we started watching, the baby was very still, then he reached down to grab his toes. Then he started jumping up and down! We were not expecting to see so much movement! In the picture, you're looking at the side profile, and the baby's hand is up by his mouth. As all parents are, we are convinced this is the most beautiful baby that has even been.
We're done with the first trimester now. I have to say that I don't really recommend being pregnant while going through jet lag and trying to complete 8 credit hours of graduate courses in four weeks. It's a great recipe for complete exhaustion. Somehow, we made it through. Other than getting tired really easily, I'm feeling good now. We're enjoying time with family. We're about to head out West for a family reunion. Then we'll be back in MI for a week before we leave for China. It's been a whirl wind, but also lots of fun.
Sorry for the lack of posts this summer. It's been crazy. We'll try to be back on track soon. We did both set up facebook, so if you have facebook, look us up and let's be friends! : ) |
posted by Danielle @ 11:03 AM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
Your baby is VERY beautiful! We really enjoyed our time with you and your family! We can't wait to do it again! I am looking forward to updates along the way! Lots of Love, Danielle (and the Fam!)
-
We know your life is crazy busy. But for what it's worth we still miss you two and love you! We wish we could have been in the States and sat and talked awhile. Someday.
And take naps when you can!
We love you both.
Jenny and Brandon
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Your baby is VERY beautiful! We really enjoyed our time with you and your family! We can't wait to do it again! I am looking forward to updates along the way! Lots of Love,
Danielle (and the Fam!)