| Friday, June 22, 2007 |
|
My sincerest apologies for skipping last week's post. It was intended. There was something going on and I thought it would be best to wait for a few more days.
I'm making up for it. I promise.
So ... the big news. Drum roll, please.
We're pregnant!
We found out two weeks ago, and today we had our first ultrasound. We got to see the little baby with the heart pounding away. It was amazing. It's still a little hard to believe that in such a short time we're going to be parents (in China, no less) but seeing that little guy or girl made it sink in just a bit more.
The baby's officially due February 4th, give or take a couple of weeks. Some of our students adeptly pointed out that if this date is correct, the baby will still be born in the year of the "golden pig," which in China is a big deal because it means he/she is very lucky and will be very wealthy. We'll see how that works out.
It's still sinking in that we're actually pregnant. (Okay, I know, I'm not actually pregnant. But hey, give a guy a break, I've got my own things to deal with on this side of a new life, too. Sure, they may not involve the sickness, fatigue, body changes, and the whole thing called delivery, but ... um ... okay, they're really nothing compared to that.)
We're about to finish up our last week of classes before we head back to America for 4 weeks of classes and then a short break. I can't believe we're almost done with our first year. We are sure finishing up with a bang.
We would have loved to have told each one of you individually, but such is our life. So, if you see this post, let us know that you know. We'd love to hear from you. Let's see if we can break our record number of comments. : ) |
posted by Aaron @ 6:06 AM  |
|
| 13 Comments: |
-
I am soooo happy for all THREE of you! Parenthood is amazing and I know you will be great.
-
We are so excited and happy for you guys (to include the grandparents and aunts & uncles too). Congratulations! We'll see you soon. The Ruddell's
-
I will contribute to the record comments.
Congrats!
-
That is absolutely wonderful!!! I am so happy for you. I know you well be great parents. Lots of love, Carol Horn
-
Very exciting news! I agree with everyone that you will be great parents. Your lives will NEVER be the same (and it's all good).
Hugs, Barb
-
As the new soon-to-be grandmother, I could not be happier!! So glad you posted the ultrasound on your blog. See you soon! Mom
-
Yay!!! That's the greatest news EVER! Congrats to all of you!
-
Can't wait to hold little "Randa" in my arms! Dad
-
Yay!!! I just found out the news a couple of days ago. I'm so happy for you guys. You're going to be great parents!
-Amy
-
WOOO HOOO CONGRATS!!!!!!! So excited for you guys. PTL.
-
We're excited and happy for you. Hope to see you this summer.
Grandma
-
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Jenny's freaking out.
Hey - we have a VoIP phone - what's a number we can call you at? I know you check these, so just e-mail me at brandon@talesfromthebranches.com with a number. No need to post this - unless of course you want to.
-
Congrats to you both. Sorry for the late notice. Best of luck over the coming months for all three of you.
Cheers, Rich
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
I am soooo happy for all THREE of you! Parenthood is amazing and I know you will be great.