Downtown Chinatown
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Overload
I realize following a blog can be annoying sometimes.

Because they are run by any average joe with no real motivation to provide readers with any sense of consistency, it's not uncommon to check a blog every few days hoping for something new, but leaving disappointed.

In that spirit, I just want to let everyone know that we're in the overload stage of our training right now. What that essentially means is that when we're not in class, we're in meetings. When we're not in meetings, we're doing homework. When we're not doing homework, we're getting something to eat. And when we're not getting something to eat, we're thinking about the possibility of getting something resembling sleep. So basically, time for blogging isn't in the schedule right now (in fact, I'm paying for this right now).

So for the two of you who check here regularly, just wanted to let you know that we probably won't make any updates until Sunday at the earliest. We've got several good experiences to tell you about, but just don't have the time to write about them with any kind of quality until then.
posted by Aaron @ 8:38 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry you're so busy. Hopefully things will slow down soon and you can enjoy your time in your new place. Call when you have time, we miss your faces, (and voices).
    Mom

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, who's the other one who checks in regularly?

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so we don't check as often as we should. Not much you can do about it from there :-)

    We are SO excited about what you are doing. How fun and freaky and WHY didn't you eat a silk worm? Scorpion must have been very pokey.


    We know you're busy and we're not forgetting you. We love you both so very much a miss you, MISS you. Thank you or being bold and for being our friends.

    Oh, deacon is crawling. Well, he sort of worms across the floor but he's getting around. We're hoping to leave in October now.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Danielle and Aaron! I just wanted you to know that I am checking your blog on a regular basis and am enjoying it immensely. I can't wait to hear how life treats you once you're settled in. Is it similar to Thailand?

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We think of you everyday and miss you

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting! I keep reading your blogs and e-mails and it doesn't seem real to me that you are all the way around the world when you are so close to our hearts. I think of you daily and it always makes me smile.

    We had a good turnout for our childrens program, lots of challenges, but that's to be expected when you're doing something this important. Well worth it once we got started and saw the kids so excited to be learning. As you know the kids always collect change through the week to be donated to a worthy cause, and were very excited to be collecting for someone they knew personally. So SURPRIZE! It was for the two of you. You'll have to let me know how to get the money to you. I'll send pictures soon. Love you guys, Karla

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaron, I notice you didn't list one of your favorite movies as being GONE WITH THE WIND.I can see you sitting in my living room now. Wondering if Rhett gets Scarlet or if Scarlet gets Ashley. Or is that the one you got up in the middle of, leaping toward the TV proclaiming, "well, I'm not watching anymore of this!"?

    Sounds as if you are both having an exciting experience. Bless you both. Love, Grandma

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aaron
See my complete profile
Name: Danielle
See my complete profile
Home: Chinatown, China
Recent Pictures
www.flickr.com
Aaron & Danielle's photos More of Aaron & Danielle's photos
Archives
Where Are You From?

Previous Posts
Powered by



BLOGGER